sortedcord
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wlan Card Compatibility

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs661tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This laptop comes with a RTL8723DE wlan card which only supports 2.4 Ghz wifi. All of 1x1 WLAN cards said to be compatible are of Realtek and Intel. I want to upgrade to a dual band WLAN card and the WLAN card listed in the manual does not ship in my region and I couldn't find it anywhere online. Is there a way to use other cards with my laptop? Sidenote, I don't want to use Realtek Cards as I am using this laptop as a Hackintosh which does not support Realtek. Kindly help me out with this as i am not sure what to do in this case. The stock wlan card is single band which does not meet my requirements at times.

1 REPLY 1
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,989 2,988 110 148
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@sortedcord,

Welcome to HP Community!

I have gone through your post and would like to help

As per the Service Guide, the Notebook supports 

Refer to page no 11  Maintenance and Service Guide link

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation