Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-7030ez
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hallo allerseits

In meinem Laptop HP Pavilion dv6-7030ez (HP Model No. B1K63EA) ist folgende WLAN-Karte eingebaut:

Broadcom BCM94313HMGB

Seit ich den Laptop mit Windows 10 betreibe, stelle ich immer wieder WLAN-Verbindungsunterbrüche fest. Zudem scheint mir die Datenrate auch nicht sehr hoch zu sein. Unter Windows 7 sind mir diese Probleme nicht aufgefallen.

Ich habe bereits versucht andere neuere Treiber zu installieren, finde aber scheinbar keinen passenden.

Welche WLNA-Karte (mit 2,4 GHz- und 5 GHz-Empfang) könnte man denn in diesem HP-Modell einbauen?

Es ist ja scheinbar im BIOS einiges "geblockt". Und im Netz habe ich keine schlüssige Antwort auf diese Frage gefunden.

Danke vielmals für einen Tipp!

Beste Grüsse

Matthias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I understood the question but glad we can discuss in English. The problem for your laptop is whether it has a "whitelist" which blocks the use of adapters other than the ones approved by HP. The best guess is yours does not. You have 2 antennae. That means you can install any wireless adapter of the correct form factor which in your case is mini-pcie IF there is no whitelist. 

Here's the Manual:

Service Manual

"Approved" adapters are listed on p. 27 and none is a dual band adapter. The part number for the Advanced-N 6230 is actually a diferent piece of hardware. 

See p. 52 for "how to". 

This is the best adapter of that form factor you could install:

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-AC-Network-Bluetooth-7260-HMWWB-R/dp/B00N7474CS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=...

Again, based on lots of posts and some detective work, we believe but cannot 100% guarantee your laptop has no blocking whitelist. If you decide to do this please post results to add to the database. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Acept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Koennen Sie auf Englisch reden? Ich verstehe Ihre Frage, aber es gibt ein Deutsch Forum und Sie sollen es lieber benutzen auf Deutsch. 

HP Recommended

Dear Huffer,

thank you very much for your fast reply.

And excuse me, I didn't recognize that I'm in the English forum. Sorry! I try to explain my problem in English:

I have a Laptop HP Pavilion dv6-7030ez (HP Model No. B1K63EA), bought with installed Windows 7.

Installed is following wireless LAN adapter:

Broadcom BCM94313HMGB

Since I use Windows 10, I recognize frequent interruptions of wireless communication. The data transfer rate is not very good, too. I didn't recognize these problems with Windows 7.

I couldn't find a proper working driver for the above mentioned adapter; therefore, I thought to replace the adapter with a newer (and faster ) one with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz net.

Because I read that HP has some restrictions built in BIOS, I have following question:

Which wireless adapter can be installed in my laptop as a replacement of the Broadcom adapter?

Best regards

Matthias

HP Recommended

I understood the question but glad we can discuss in English. The problem for your laptop is whether it has a "whitelist" which blocks the use of adapters other than the ones approved by HP. The best guess is yours does not. You have 2 antennae. That means you can install any wireless adapter of the correct form factor which in your case is mini-pcie IF there is no whitelist. 

Here's the Manual:

Service Manual

"Approved" adapters are listed on p. 27 and none is a dual band adapter. The part number for the Advanced-N 6230 is actually a diferent piece of hardware. 

See p. 52 for "how to". 

This is the best adapter of that form factor you could install:

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-AC-Network-Bluetooth-7260-HMWWB-R/dp/B00N7474CS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=...

Again, based on lots of posts and some detective work, we believe but cannot 100% guarantee your laptop has no blocking whitelist. If you decide to do this please post results to add to the database. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Acept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help!

Best regards

Matthias

HP Recommended

Hi, Matthias:

Before you install the new wireless card, it is very important that you uninstall the current broadcom wlan card driver and broadcom bluetooth driver and software before installing the Intel card.

I can almost guarantee you the card that Huffer posted will work, but I can also almost guarantee you that if you don't uninstall the Broadcom bluetooth driver and software before installing the Intel card, that you will have driver conflicts with the Intel bluetooth and broadcom bluetooth.

To uninstall the broadcom wifi adapter and driver, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network adapters device manager category, right click on the broadcom wlan card, select uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Then for the bluetooth, go to the windows control panel, Programs>uninstall a program, find the broadcom bluetooth software, and uninstall it.

Then go back to the device manager, click to expand the bluetooth radios device manager category, check the bluetooth adapter listed there.  If it still says broadcom, right click on that, select uninstall, and check the uninstall driver box.

Then shut down, unplug the PC, remove the battery and install the Intel wifi card.

I spent a couple of hours helping another forum member from Russia that had the same Broadcom card in a dv6-70xx notebook, and when he installed the Intel 7260, the bluetooth was all messed up because he didn't uninstall the Broadcom bluetooth software and driver first.

If you were replacing an Intel card for another one, you would not have to face that problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help! I very appreciate it!

I will replace the card with your directions. 🙂

Best regards

Matthias

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Matthias.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.