Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, i have been having trouble with regards to my bluetooth and its happened all of sudden. for some reason the bluetooth on my laptop does not connect to other devices anymore. it connects to audio devices like wireless earpods just find but ive tried connecting it to my phone, my fathers phone and atleast 5 other devices and it doesnt work where as they connect to other bluetooth laptops just fine. on my laptop on the phone it says cannot connect and on the laptop it says connected for about 2 seconds then dissapears. this laptop doesnt appear on my androids smart view anymore either when just a day earlier it did so this is all of a sudden for no reason what so ever. i believe ive tried absolutely everything and it still isnt working

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@ahmed10761

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I understand that your HP notebook Bluetooth drive is not working correctly, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you very much for your reply

product name: HP ENVY - 13-ah0001na

this issue isnt anything recent, happened about 6 months ago but i just accepted it until i found this forum where you can get answers because i wasnt finding any, anywhere else. i didnt make any changes to the notebook prior to the issue either, i first noticed it when i would use smartview alot to project my phone screen to the notebook but then i believe after a windows update smart view just stopped working, i decided to test the bluetooth and found that it stopped working too. on my phone when i press connect to the hp it just says could not connect while on the hp it says connected for about 1 second before disconnecting,

HP Recommended

@ahmed10761

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I have done both of these things before and actually updafes the BIOS fairly recently. I've uninstall and installed the drivers, done absolutely all sorts. 

HP Recommended

I should also tell you that every time a run a Bluetooth trouble shoot through the windows troubleshoot settings, each time it says "problem found, check Bluetooth radio status: fixed and then a tick next to it". It says this every time I run the troubleshoot 

I've also run an incoming connections troubleshoot and there seems to be an issue there because it says "windows requires more information to diagnose the problem" and then not fixed next to it.

HP Recommended

@ahmed10761

The last thing I can suggest trying to restore a computer back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue. 

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm pretty confident it's a hardware issue at this point, how much roughly would something like this cost to repair? And what would the repair be called?, would I need the whole Bluetooth module replaced.

Thanks for your help,

HP Recommended

@ahmed10761

Not to worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

quick question, how can i charge my laptop via usb type c when its awake. it obviously has a usb type port and it charges through the usb type c port using my samsung charger but only when i put the laptop to sleep and very slowly at that too, do i have to buy some special power plug or adapter to charge via type c whilst using the laptop?

thanks,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.