Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp2000 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have always had bluetooth until a week ago. cantfind it under hidden devices, Did a factory reset and its still not there. The virtual assistant is telling me my laptop doesnt support it. How can i get this resolved?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mkultra13 Nice to meet a truther, or are you using MK Ultra? Just kidding...

Here's what I suggest you begin with, check for the Bluetooth services:

1. Go to Search, type services.msc, and open Services.
  2. Find the Bluetooth Support Service.
  3. If this service is not enabled, right-click it, and select Start. If it’s enabled, right-click it and select Restart.
  4. Wait for the process to finish.
  5. Restart your computer.

Run the Troubleshooter

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Head over to Updates & Security Troubleshoot. 
  3. Select Bluetooth, and go to Run the Troubleshooter. 
  4. Follow further on-screen instructions and let the process finish.
  5. Restart your computer.

Change Power Saving options

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. When Device Manager opens, locate your Bluetooth keyboard and double-click it.
  3. When Properties window opens, navigate to Power Management and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
  4. Now click on OK to save changes.

Although it may seem unrelated, your power-saving settings may actually disable the Bluetooth device.

That said, let me know how that pans out.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.