Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro 64 bit version. Everything is working except bluetooth. It seems like driver update problem. My laptop is not detecting any device thru bluetooth connection. I need drivers. Pls help and suggest what to do.

My PC Detail

HP Notebook 2000

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz

System Memory - 4 GB

System Board - 1858 65.34

System BIOS - F.37

Pls suggest what should I do.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook come with?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook come with?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter

HP Recommended

Hi:

The Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter is a single band wifi adapter that does not have built in Bluetooth.

Your notebook never had Bluetooth from the beginning.

HP Recommended

Sir,

I had bluetooth in this laptop, it also used to detect other devices as well like my wireless head phones and other devices. two days ago I upgraded to windows 10. and windows installed and activated.  After activation, I found that wifi and bluetooth both were not working. Although Wifi detecting all nearby wifi's but was not connecting my wifi network. After some research on the net, i updated network adapter driver in device manager and wifi started working. Also Bluetooth icon appears in hidden icons. and also turn on but, do not detect other bluetooth devices. The Wifi adapter detail i sent in last message is currently showing in device manager. May be, it is also not a right driver for my pc. but its working for wifi.

pls guide.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I apologize.  You are correct.  Your notebook does have Bluetooth according to the specs for your notebook's product number.

See my reply to your other post for the solution...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-v-4-0-HS-Driver/m-p/7843512...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.