Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an issue with getting Bluetooth to work under Windows 10. Due to a hard drive failure I Installed windows 10 from scratch and the module does not show up under the device manager and Windows troubleshooting routine tells me there is no Bluetooth module installed in the computer and I would need to connect an external one. I found another thread on the topic in this forum (but was unable to add my question there, not sure why). In this other Thread Paul_Tikkanen suggested booting from a Ubuntu USB stick.  I tried this and indeed under Ubuntu the Bluetooth module shows up and I can connect it to my headphones without any issues. However when rebooting to Windows the device is still nowhere to find and Bluetooth does not work. Any ideas how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advcance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Quick update: I downloaded a driver labelled "Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Bluetooth Driver 19.11.1637 for Windows 10 64-bit" from Softpedia which seems to work fine. Bluetooth is working now. Intel seem to have stopped providing drivers for this chipset.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Cedric90 

Your machine should have 1 of the following Wifi adapters

Support for the following WLAN formats:
● QC/Atheros AR9462 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2 BT4.0 combo

● Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter
● Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235
● Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 WLAN module

The first 2 (in red) do have Bluetooth. Please use Device Manager to see what is the wifi adapter on your machine, then go to its software and driver to download and install BT driver to your machine

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

thanks for your response. The Wifi adapter is listed as Intel Centrino Advanced -N 6235. The laptop definitely has Bluetooth hardware, given I can connect Bluetooth devices to it without any issues when booting from a Linux USB stick instead of Windows..  Are you able to provide a link to the suitable driver for Windows 10?  On the intel website I can't seem to find the right driver. 

In the hardware manager under Windows the chip only shows up as a Wifi adapter and not as Bluetooth device. When I use the windows context menu to search for updated drivers I am told that the "Best drivers are already installed". Windows does not seem to understand that the chipset has bluetooth capability. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Quick update: I downloaded a driver labelled "Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Bluetooth Driver 19.11.1637 for Windows 10 64-bit" from Softpedia which seems to work fine. Bluetooth is working now. Intel seem to have stopped providing drivers for this chipset.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.