Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Dear Sir/Madam

My HP Pavilion 15 Notebook,(product no G4W76PA#UUF )PC is re starting when i' m  connect to the wifi.The error message is driver irql_less_or_not_equal.I did not install any new drivers to my PC as well.Please find me a solution for this matter.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kulasekara

You are welcome. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot. 🙂

Feel free to get in touch with us anytime. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @kulasekara,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums, 

I see you are loosing wireless connection on your computer. I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried to connect to a different network? Is it the same with other networks as well?

Recommend you to install the driver available at this link. If you get a message to override the existing driver, please do so. 

Restart the computer and check for stability. 

This should resolve the issue. 

Keep me posted. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear sir /madam

First of all  i  would like to thank you ,for looking into my matter.

This error occur only when I'm connected to the wifi at my university, not at home or any other wifi network.

I will try to reinstall the driver you have given and continue you updated.

best regards,

HP Recommended

@kulasekara

You are welcome. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot. 🙂

Feel free to get in touch with us anytime. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.