Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

have HP Folio 9470m Laptop. though it has SIM slot option beneath the battery compartment i have installed sim in it. But I don’t how to use the sim option. I’m using this laptop In Nigeria.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Every HP Folio 9470m notebook has a SIM card slot.

What 90% of them don't have is the required WWAN adapter which was an expensive option.

That is the wireless device that is needed to connect to a cellular network.

All the SIM card does is authorize you to use your cellular provider's network.

In order for the SIM card to work, your notebook must have one of the WWAN adapters listed in chapter 3 of the service manual present and working in the device manager under the network adapters category:

c03909856.pdf (hp.com)

WWAN module:
HP lt2523 LTE/HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module   
HP lt2522 LTE/EV-DO Mobile Broadband Module
HP un2430 EV-DO/HSPA Mobile Broadband Module 
HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module 
HP un2430 EV-DO/HSPA Mini Card 
HP hs2350 hspa+ Mobile Broadband Module 

Without one of those adapters, the SIM card is useless.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.