Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp probook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop does not connect to my tv using miracast. I checked a site where i was told to click on connect app to see if my laptop is supported ,but it wasn't as my laptop was specifically not made for that purpose. I then checked my system information using dxdiag only to find out that my system supports miracast. Please help as  am currently confused on the steps to take. The tv is an omaha tv which supports . Thank You

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

When I tried connecting it to the tv, it displays the name of the tv on the system but always says "Could not connect"

Steps I have taken

1.) I have reset my wireless adapter

2.) I checked for updates

The challenge is that my system saw the micracast network nut could not connect to it as it was secured.

HP Recommended

Hello

I have a brand new notebook with Intel Graphics card and Intel WLAN.

I have 3 TV with wireless and another device that is like a wireless display, let me call it LapDock.

Using windows 10 whan I try to connect to a wireless display I got:

1 )  a TV 8 years old, notebook find the TV , the TV show a message , I select on TV OK to enbale connection, but afre few second the notebook shows a connection error

2) I have a TV 1 year old, he has his own casting software , so no way to conenct from windows

3) I have TV two weeks old ,  wireless display via Miracast works perfectly

4) with the LapDock , works perfectly.

so the issue could be on both side , notebook and TV.

bye

HP Recommended

i have tried most of the online solutions, my system is windows 10 and supports miracast. My tv also has an inbuilt miracast app. I dont know what to do on it anymore.

HP Recommended

My HP Desktop has stopped supporting Multicast ... When I take CONNECT from the Action Centre it states "PC Does not support Multicast"  .... It used too !!!!

My Hp Laptop sees a Microsoft Display Adapter and connects for a short time and displays 112 in Display screen eith Identify/Detect but then gets an error .

Have HP screwed up the graphics adapter drivers ???????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.