Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
g61-322nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

are there any working drivers for the ar9285 in a g61-322nr that has the operating system upgraded to windows 10? Have been looking all over with no luck thought some have offered but could not find working version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP does not support your PC for W10, which is why there wasn't a W10 driver listed for it on the support page.

You have to know what model HP notebooks that do have support for W10 and also use that same model wifi adapter.

I got the driver from the HP Probook 450 G1 business class notebook.

As far as connecting to the 5.0 GHz wifi band...the  AR9285 is a single band (2.4 GHz only) wifi adapter which cannot connect to the 5.0 GHz wifi band with any operating system.

Any time you see a wifi N adapter with a suffix that ends in b/g/n, that means it is a single band wifi adapter.

Dual band wifi N adapters have suffixes that end in a/b/g/n, or a/g/n.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

W10 should have automatically installed a driver for the AR9285 wifi adapter.

This is the only driver HP released for that model wifi card...

10.0.0.318    Jul 14, 2015

OPERATING SYSTEM(S):
Microsoft Windows 10 32
Microsoft Windows 10 64

LANGUAGE(S): Global

DEVICES SUPPORTED:
Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9380 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

ENHANCEMENTS:
- Provides support for Windows 10.

HP Recommended

I want to thank you for the rapid helpful reply....Do you know if these drives are on the hp site (I could not find there). I can not get the 5gb ssid on my asus router to show up on the g61-322nr note book that Iwhere I updated the system from win 7 10 win10...I can connect with the 2.4gb. The 5gb does not show up on the list of available networks to connect to..

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP does not support your PC for W10, which is why there wasn't a W10 driver listed for it on the support page.

You have to know what model HP notebooks that do have support for W10 and also use that same model wifi adapter.

I got the driver from the HP Probook 450 G1 business class notebook.

As far as connecting to the 5.0 GHz wifi band...the  AR9285 is a single band (2.4 GHz only) wifi adapter which cannot connect to the 5.0 GHz wifi band with any operating system.

Any time you see a wifi N adapter with a suffix that ends in b/g/n, that means it is a single band wifi adapter.

Dual band wifi N adapters have suffixes that end in a/b/g/n, or a/g/n.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.... Your answer is spot on and the rapid response is greatly appreciated. ... The information on the capabilities and limitations of the AR9285 is enlightening and saved me from hours of trying to get the 5g (which as you stated) to work. At least I have the 2.4G working.

I think I used this a total of maybe 5 or 6 times and then put it up. I purchased a new battery and  I was going to up grade the memory to 4G and replace the 140G HD to a SSD 200G. Guess that wont happen now. I ll just put it up again as I wanted the 5G to work...

In any case, thank you for your help and you saved me some time and money. 

Again, thanks for the timely response and helpful information...

2socks

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.