Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I'm constantly kicked off of my wifi every 5-10 minutes on my brand new hp envy x360 convertible 13-y0XX. I reset router/rebout computer and sometimes it connects again right away (sometimes is does not). Then in 5-10, I get booted off again. This happens over and over while my other laptop and mobile devices remain connected.

I've noticed others in this forum have had similar issues. Please help.

Marilyn B. Autry

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

Here is a list of steps that commonly resolve issues with wireless connectivity.

First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here:

Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

Reinstall the network adapter drivers:
1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.
2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.
3. Expand Network adapters.
4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.
5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.
6. Restart your PC and test.

Test an ethernet connection:
Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.

Test another connection:
Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.

If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@mabosworth 

I have the same problem. All networks works perfectly in all my devices BUT my HP Envy. I've been looking for a solution for over 2 weeks already, and I'm very sorry to inform you that I've found none. I tried everything - from changing connection settings, reset the entire PC to default options, updating BIOS, updating network adapter through windows update, through HP website, through thir parties websites, chaging power plan configurations, and so on. Here, in this forum, the only answer from HP or other users I've seen so far was the copy-paste solution you received already - I did all steps on it and still my wifi drops from time-to-time. Apparently this is a burden we have to carry from choosing HP's products - a mistake I'm never doing again.

Yours,

Vitor.

HP Recommended

Go into bios by holding esc and F10 during boot up. Go to system configurations and enable virtualization technology and disable card reader power saving. I have not had a problem since. And remember that anytime you run the windows fix it for wifi router issues it will reset the router requiring you to have to input all passwords for any wifi networks you had currently saved on it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.