Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17ooox
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two laptops 2 feet apart. One will not connect to internet and the other one has full bars. I have updated network adapter, disabled then enabled network adapter and uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter. Ran all troubleshootings. No bars but when you go to internet properties it shows wifi connected with full bars,  My grandson suggested buying a usb network adapter but I am not sure this will solve it. This laptop is less than 3 years old. Last week when I opened laptop the right hinge stuck and cracked casing to get it opened. Not sure I will ever purchase HP again. I have a Toshiba that is probably 10 years old and never had any problems. HELP!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tilligirl43

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

At this point I suggest you perform a Reset. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Keep me posted how it goes

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did the reset and no change to internet. My Windows 10 is updated. A suggestion I had was to purchase a usb wireless adapter but not sure and need your expert opinion. I also had the lid to my laptop's right hinge get stuck when I tried to open a couple of weeks ago. It pulled the screen casing and broke the plastic but is exposing a wire but laptop still works. From day one after purchasing this laptop new the lid would always kind of pop every time it was opened. I guess it eventually just froze up and I had to force it open. Could this have anything to do with the wifi not working?

HP Recommended

@tilligirl43

Since the issue persists after the Reset I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.