Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone, 

I am posting a question here after attempting to fix this issue from several recommendations given on different blog sites(error still persists). 

I am using an HP Pavilion 15 and for more than a year, I have been having this issue where my laptop suddenly drops internet, the wifi icon below changes to a globe icon and it shows my wifi name when I load up the connection list but with the message "no internet, secured". The only way to connect is to manually disconnect and then reconnect it and then it works all fine. 

Now I know that my router/internet is not at fault as 

1. I have changed routers

2. All my other laptops in my household (3 more) never experience the internet dropping. 

Can anyone please suggest what could possibly be the problem here and how about do I go fixing it ?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dammy3

I understand your concerns.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver.

Click on start and select Run command  and perform the below steps:

Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.

Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.

Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.

Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter

Update the BIOS.

Have a nice day!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dammy3 Welcome to HP Community!

I understnad that you are facing issues with wifi.

What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..). 

Here's a guided troubleshooter that will help fix this issue: Click here 

Try these steps: 

Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

If issue persists, continue with the below steps: 

• If your computer has a wireless key or button on or near the keyboard and the wireless activity light is off or amber in color, then press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key might be the F10 key, F12 key or labeled with a symbol of an airplane. 

• If wireless activity comes on or the activity light turns blue, you have enabled wireless on your system. Try connecting to the Internet again. If problems persist, continue using these steps. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen, 

the product number is "G8E35PA#ABG" and Model 15-p013TX. 

The link that you have posted won't load. 

I had unchecked the power save option a couple of months ago but the problem still exists. 

The laptop has never been in airplane mode. 

Even during surfing the internet, when I click on a link, it would stop loading. when I look at the lower right corner, the globe comes back, then I have to disconnect and reconnect to the same connection and all works fine. 

HP Recommended

@Dammy3

I understand your concerns.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver.

Click on start and select Run command  and perform the below steps:

Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.

Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.

Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.

Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter

Update the BIOS.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.