Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
notebook 15

After a Windows 10 update, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged". I ran diagnostics and it said to plug in the ethernet cable to the network adaptor. So my wifi connection will not work with my laptop unless directly connected to by the ethernet cable. Wifi works fine with phones, ipods/ipads, and another laptop. I can not find any wireless connection. The netwok connection only shows eithernet connection. I reset to factory setting it worled one day. I downloaded the wifi drivers agian and they do not show up in recovery or download! Please help!!!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

First please give the SKU:

WinKey + R and type msinfo32 and post the SKU: from line 9 (probably).

NoteBook 15 is too general... 

Results for " Notebook 15" (37233)

I suspect the HP Wireless Button Driver may be missing.

HP Recommended

System SKU X0H86UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hi

Start here...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-ay000-notebook-pc-series-touch/10862302/model/11830175

One Click Fixes

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-ay000-notebook-pc-series-touch/10862302/model...

HP Wireless Button Driver (Windows 10 v1709)

HP Wireless Button Driver (Windows 10 v1803)

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

This did not help so I ran a sysyem test and it said :

Wireless ModuleCheck- not installed.

HP Recommended

ESC  and F1 shows this for me.

SSID WiFi Born On.png

Can you achieve something similar?

HP Recommended

system board: 81eb

sbct#:pfx121t29oef

bios: f.45

processor type: intel core i3- 6100u

cpu@2.30ghz

feature byte 3q396b7k7p7wabar aqas awqs quqw bhbp bzcb dudp dg.gg

build id; 16ww2cet603#saba#daba

HP Recommended
Copy, Paste and Save in Notepad, as LBB.bat and double click to run.
Post anything non-personal, but relevant please.

@ECHO OFF
getmac
systeminfo
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter"
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter -Name * | Format-Table -View Driver"
PowerShell -Command "GIP -Detailed"
PowerShell -Command "Test-NetConnection"

PAUSE

It produces a lot that can be helpful.

HP Recommended

it runs but then disappears really quickly... is there a way I can keep it up, or something specific I am looking for?

HP Recommended

Hi

There are screenfuls of info, and the Pause command holds the screen open.

But you can run just some of the bat by deleting the other lines.

Copy, Paste and Save in Notepad, as LBB.bat and double click to run.
Post anything non-personal, but relevant please.

@ECHO OFF
getmac

PAUSE

PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter"

PAUSE

PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter -Name * | Format-Table -View Driver"

PAUSE

And it may look something like this...

Physical Address    Transport Name
=================== ==========================================================
48-48-48-48-48-27   \Device\Tcpip_
B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected
48-48-48-48-48-28   Media disconnected

Name                      InterfaceDescription                    ifIndex Status       MacAddress             LinkSpeed
----                      --------------------                    ------- ------       ----------             ---------
WiFi                      Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi A...      23 Up           48-48-48-48-48-27      72.2 Mbps
Bluetooth Network Conn... Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Netw...      22 Disconnected 48-48-48-48-48-28         3 Mbps
Ethernet                  Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller            10 Disconnected B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28          0 bps

Name                      InterfaceDescription                     DriverFileName  DriverDate DriverVersion NdisVersion
----                      --------------------                     --------------  ---------- ------------- -----------
WiFi                      Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Ad... rtwlane.sys     2018-02-24 2023.66.11... 6.70
Bluetooth Network Conn... Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) bthpan.sys      2006-06-21 10.0.17763.1  6.30
Ethernet                  Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller        rt640x64.sys    2015-05-05 10.1.505.2015 6.40

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.