Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
elitebook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been searching a lot to find drivers for my laptop to use my sim card internet, but I still got nothing.

None of the drivers are working properly, I'm pretty sure that it supports sim card data on it because i've already put my sim card in its slot 🙂

PLS help me I'm getting crazy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

All 8470p's have sim card slots.  What 90% of them don't have is the required WWAN adapter that connects to the cellular tower.

If your notebook supports broadband, there will one of these 2 devices listed in the device manager under the network adapters device manager category,.

HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module
HP un2430 EV-DO/HSDPA Mobile Broadband Module

If you don't see one of those listed, and there is no WWAN adapter showing up in the BIOS, then your notebook is missing the WWAN hardware.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

All 8470p's have sim card slots.  What 90% of them don't have is the required WWAN adapter that connects to the cellular tower.

If your notebook supports broadband, there will one of these 2 devices listed in the device manager under the network adapters device manager category,.

HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module
HP un2430 EV-DO/HSDPA Mobile Broadband Module

If you don't see one of those listed, and there is no WWAN adapter showing up in the BIOS, then your notebook is missing the WWAN hardware.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I don't see any device like that listed.

So my question is why they put sim card slot in my laptop, yet they didn't add WWAN adapter?

And is there any way to use it with any third-party hardware or anything else?

HP Recommended

Why shouldn't HP put a sim card slot in the notebook?

It must cost too much money to make different cases with and without sim card slots.

You have to pay a lot extra to buy a model with the WWAN card in it.

Why should people hundreds of dollars more for a notebook with a WWAN card if they have no plans on using it?

All you have to do is open up the notebook, confirm that the two antennas are there for the WWAN card, buy one of those two models listed on eBay or someplace and your sim card would work.

Below is the link to the service manual which has the WWAN card removal and replacement procedure, and chapter 3 has the list of supported WWAN cards with their HP part numbers.

You must buy one of the WWAN cards listed in the manual, and it must have the HP part number on it or it will not work.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03659338

I see them going for around $10 - $20 on eBay, when I search by the part numbers listed in the manual.

You have to use the WWAN card and SIM card.  No other way to get cellular data to work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.