Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP photosmart c4780 all-in-one-printer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

before my problem: printer worked normal both from the PC and from a laptop via wireless. well the modem was changed due to frontier's needs. now the printer does not recognize any laptop print requests. I have no problems printing from the PC.  I accessed the printers pushbutton menu to print out the network configuration.  Gen info shows network status as "offline".  wireless status shows:  disconnected.   I've tried several avenues. online download of drivers....never seems to want to download.  I've tried several menus to find where I can change the network status and to find the wireless request for connection.  can anyone help this Old Squid?

KEEP that water fresh seaman!
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@OLD_Squid-94

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

Download a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor specifically created to help with printer offline conditions.

1. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

4. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

5. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

6. Try to print.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-c4700-all-in-one-printer-series/3794613/model/379...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, I will try this.   

HP Recommended

@OLD_Squid-94

Sure. Do keep us posted 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the Doc. it had nothing to do with getting my wireless connection on my printer reconnected. I am computer illiterate, so steps I am told to take when it's not 100% verbatum, leves me questioning if I'm making right choices.  All I would like to do is have my printer reconnected to my my New router. and when I print put the "HP Network configuration Page", Under  802.11 wireless:, Status is shown as Disconnected. that would appear to be true since my laptop won't print when sending a print request to the printer. Printer is a HP Photosmart C4780. Thanks for trying.

HP Recommended

@OLD_Squid-94

Let's reset the Printer's network settings:

Wireless Menu>Restore Network Defaults. 

Once done, please connect the Printer to the new router:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-c4700-all-in-one-printer-series/3794613/model/379...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.