Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
laserjet pro mfp m130nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

in the instructions you are supposed to press the wireless button on the printers display (which i do), and then select the "wireless setup wizard" in the menu.  Problem is, there is no "wireless setup wizard" option on the display.  Ive tried doing it manually through the settings, but nothing is working.  Is there a number I can call to have them walk me through this, or can someone explain how to bypass not having the "wireless setup wizard" option?

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The "Getting Started" manual that came with your printer (either on paper, or on CD-ROM) is also available online, at:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05222329

That document describes how to achieve a wireless connection.

HP Recommended
Uhhhhh...... The "Getting Started" manual is exactly what tells the user to run the "setup wizard" - WHICH DOES NOT EXIST ON THE PRINTER (LCD Display) MENU.... so how about a useful response instead of what canned response that you provided??
HP Recommended

Do you have:   Touchscreen control panels

on your printer ?

1. To connect the printer to a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, on the printer control panel, touch the Wireless button.

2. Touch Wireless Menu, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

Select the network name from the SSID list, or enter the network name if it is not listed.

3. Use the keyboard to enter the passphrase, and then touch the OK button.

4. Wait while the printer establishes a network connection.

5. On the printer control panel, touch the Network button.

If an IP address is listed, the network connection has been established.

If not, wait a few more minutes and try again.

Note the IP address for use during software installation. Example IP address: 192.168.0.1

--------------------

Does this work for you?  If not, how far do you get?   What do you see, instead of the document says that you should see?

HP Recommended

I ended up getting in an online chat with HP, and one of their people took control of my computer and set it up.  Works great now, its just really confusing because there isnt the set up wizard.  This unit has a touch display, but not the kind of touch display that they are referring to in the manual.  Its a little misleading until you find this out.

HP Recommended

Welcome to this forum.

For each posting that was helpful, please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon.

Then, use "Accept As Solution" for the best response, to reward that volunteer for their assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem as above. There is "no wireless setup wizard" on the printer display LED. Please help. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.