Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (155 Views)
Accepted Solution

upgrade wifi to support 5GHZ

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Notebook - 15-ac156nr
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, Can I upgrade my notebook to support 5GHZ? If so, can you provide the proper HP part number?

HP Notebook - 15-ac156nr. This notebook comes with a REALTEK RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn wifi adaptor.

Thank You,

Dave

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: upgrade wifi to support 5GHZ

Hi @DaveL5,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

Yes, The AC3165 supports 5GHZ since it's a dual band one. KUDOS to you. :)

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time ;) 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. :)

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (119 Views)

Hi @DaveL5 ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

This computer doesn't support a 5GHZ wifi adapter. Please follow this link for the user guide. :)

Let me know how that pans out. :)

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. ;)

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (109 Views)

Hi,

Thank you so much for responding to my question.  I looked at the service guide - page 3 yesterday and saw the below. Can you explain the last option in bold/italics? This led me to believe that I could purchase the AC 3165 and get 5GHZ since it is dual band.

Thanks

Dave

Support for the following WLAN formats:

● Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

● Realtek RT8723BE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter

● Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 HMC Combo Adapter

● Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (105 Views)

Hi @DaveL5,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

Yes, The AC3165 supports 5GHZ since it's a dual band one. KUDOS to you. :)

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time ;) 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. :)

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation