Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (136 Views)
Accepted Solution

upgrade wifi to support 5GHZ

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Notebook - 15-ac156nr
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, Can I upgrade my notebook to support 5GHZ? If so, can you provide the proper HP part number?

HP Notebook - 15-ac156nr. This notebook comes with a REALTEK RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn wifi adaptor.

Thank You,

Dave

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: upgrade wifi to support 5GHZ

Hi @DaveL5,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

Yes, The AC3165 supports 5GHZ since it's a dual band one. KUDOS to you. Smiley Happy

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time Smiley Wink 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. Smiley Happy

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (100 Views)

Hi @DaveL5 ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

This computer doesn't support a 5GHZ wifi adapter. Please follow this link for the user guide. Smiley Happy

Let me know how that pans out. Smiley Happy

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. Smiley Wink

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (90 Views)

Hi,

Thank you so much for responding to my question.  I looked at the service guide - page 3 yesterday and saw the below. Can you explain the last option in bold/italics? This led me to believe that I could purchase the AC 3165 and get 5GHZ since it is dual band.

Thanks

Dave

Support for the following WLAN formats:

● Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

● Realtek RT8723BE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter

● Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 HMC Combo Adapter

● Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (86 Views)

Hi @DaveL5,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

Yes, The AC3165 supports 5GHZ since it's a dual band one. KUDOS to you. Smiley Happy

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time Smiley Wink 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. Smiley Happy

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation