Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da0019nia
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi I have a problem with wifi the signal is very weak.I have HP Notebook - 15-da0019nia  i use windows 10 64 bits 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@zehzah

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that your expressing issue with wifi signal, 
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Resetting the hardware on your wireless network in the proper sequence can resolve a variety of connection and performance problems.

1. Click Start , and then click Shut down.

Image: Shut down

2. If your network includes a wireless router, wireless gateway or wireless modem/router combination, unplug the power cord.

Power cord being unplugged from the back of a router

3. If your network includes a separate broadband modem, unplug the power cord from the broadband modem.

4. Wait for about five seconds, and then plug the power cord into the wireless router (and broadband modem, if separate).

5. Wait until all lights come on, and then reflect normal Internet and computer activity. If the lights on the broadband modem indicate a problem, refer to the following list of options for help:

• If all lights are off after reconnecting the power, check the power source by plugging the power cord into another power outlet. Service or replace your broadband modem if it cannot be turned on.

• If only the power light is on and the remaining activity lights are off or show no activity, a network connection is not being detected. Make sure the cable carrying the Internet signal is connected to the broadband device. Ensure Internet cables coming into your residence have not been damaged or disconnected. You might need to contact your Internet service provider if other people in your area are also experiencing Internet outages.

• If the Internet or Online light consistently blinks and does not indicate an online connection is available, the problem likely resides with your Internet service provider. Either wait until service is restored or contact your Internet service provider for further assistance.

6. Turn on your computer and wait until Windows opens. If you are using a notebook computer, perform a hard reset at this time.

Wait until Windows automatically connects to your wireless Internet connection.

7. Right-click the network connection icon  in the system tray, and select Network and Sharing Center.

8. Select Manage network connections.

9. Verify the status of the wireless network.

In this graphic, the wireless network is disabled.

10. To enable the network, right-click the connection, and then select enable. It might take a few seconds for the connection to become enabled.

A window might open prompting you for a password or push button connect actions depending on the type of security you are using.

11. If you can connect to the network and to the Internet, you are done. 

Downloading and installing the latest driver for your wireless adapter can resolve issues with wireless Internet connections, especially issues related to performance or intermittent dropped connections. , go to the HP Software and Driver Downloads page.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.