Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-2113tu Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Wifi on laptop not working. Tried to download suggested drivers, getting message that not successfully installed, tried 3 times. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you getting a red X mark on the lower right hand corner?

Or is it connected but you cant browse?

Are there any devices connected to the wireless modem?

Regards,

ichi

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding Ichi,

There is a red X mark on the lower right hand corner. Currently using ethernet cable.

HP Recommended

Hi Ichi,

I should have added other info.

There is no wireless icon in notification area.

Network adapter is not showing in Device Manager list.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, @Mary-27

This is the correct wifi driver you need for your notebook.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink wireless LAN Controllers in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71421.exe

If it doesn't work, and you don't see the Ralink wifi adapter listed under the Network Adapters device manager category, or there is no device labeled as a Network Controller under an Other Devices category in the device manager, most likely the wifi card has failed on you, and needs to be replaced.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help Paul. Unfortunately, it didn't work but at least I know what I need to ask for in terms of fixing it.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

One more question Paul.

Where could I get the wifi card?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Get the part number off the wifi card in your notebook and see if you can find one on eBay by searching by the part number.

There should be a white label on the wifi card that has 'Replace with HP Spare' on it.

That is the part number you want.

Here is the link to the service manual.  The wifi removal and replacement procedures can be found in chapter 4, starting on page 43.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03345657

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.