Post new question
Question
wifi connectivity issues with Realtek RTL8188EE Adapter
Replies (35)

Tutor
Message 31 of 36 (1,061 Views)

Re: wifi connectivity issues with Realtek RTL8188EE Adapter

Bravo!  I'm right there with you!  I will never, and I mean NEVER, buy a HP product again! This issue has cost me many hours of frustration and annoyance for a product that is only 2+ years old. 

My Gateway desktop lasted 12 years... yep, 12 YEARS!! 

Good luck with your new purchase! 

Honor Student
Message 32 of 36 (1,004 Views)

I have recently been experiencing the same problems (after about 2 trouble-free years), and decided that, rather than continue the struggle, I would invest US$5 (including next day delivery) via Amazon Japan to purchase a USB Wifi Adapter, which just plugs into a USB slot. It's very small (almost exactly the same size as the wireless mouse USB thing). There were several options, but I went with a TP-Link 150Mbps Wireless N Nano USB Adapter Model No. TL-WN725N. This cost me a shade over US$5 (Yen 695 at the current exchange rate, including free delivery), and there was an even cheaper one available. Also comes with a 3 year guarantee.

Plugged it in and I was online immediately after entering the password for my wifi network. It came with a disc but I didn't even need to use it to download a driver.

I will continue trying to rectify the problem but at least I can do it online (and without using a landline).

Honor Student
Message 33 of 36 (995 Views)

Sorry, not US$5, but US$6! In the US, I can see them for less than US$8 (also with free shipping). Not a lot to pay to get rid of a headache . . . .

Student
Message 34 of 36 (984 Views)

Re: wifi connectivity issues

[ Edited ]

PragmaticS (POST #13!)  held THE solution to all my problems.  VIOLA! POOF! Simply solved.....I, Sir have been through HEL* trying to get this Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter connection "thing" fixed.  i hope people with this irritating horrible problem (including support techs!)  find and heed your elegent and simple solution.  You're a genius! Consider yourself patted on the back and taken for a friendly beer.

All my thanks.

Tutor
Message 35 of 36 (673 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone.  I also  unchecked the default box that "allows the computer to turn off this device (wi fi adapter) to save power".  It worked for a couple of weeks and now I'm back to where I started,... Not connected and no connections available although my Kindle (which I'm on now) and my cellphone can connect to my Wi-Fi without any problems.

I called HP Corporate office and asked to speak to a case manager in light of the fact that many others are having this issue and HP refuses to acknowledge or correct the problem. The case manager was a very nice woman however the best she could do for me is send out a 'recovery media' for about $60.  I told her that if I was going to spend any money, it would be for a differnt laptop - different brand altogether  Apparently they don't care.

Sorry folks, wish I had better news to share.

Tutor
Message 36 of 36 (646 Views)

I noticed that the HP Corporate phone number was removed from my previous post.  I guess the moderators don't want HP consumers calling and getting answers.  Isn't that called censorship? Another reason to purchase a different brand.  Lovely HP, just lovely!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation