Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DV7t-3100
Microsoft Windows XP

This happens during the day sometimes twice, sometimes it doesn't happen for few days, totally intermittent... HP DV7t-3100 Entertainment Series. Xfinity wifi standard dual band type modem.

This computer is switched on in the morning and logs on to a financial site for all day. Message pops out from task bar during the day mentioning wifi disconnection. Clicking on the pop out box takes me to Connection Status, Clicking on support tab shows no ip address etc. Clicking on Repair reconnects it perfectly until next time. My remedy was to replace the wifi adaptor but couldn't find it after removing the small rear covers. Would really appreciate and suggections. Many thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Estam

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. 

It'll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to identify your concern and/or address your query 😉 

I must inform you that the Windows XP isn't supported by HP or Microsoft anymore as the operating system is obsolete and you may want to consider upgrading it to Windows 10, that said, Click here to access your service & maintenance guide on page. 4-15 onward - "Removal & replacement procedures".

That said, It would be a better option to go for an external wireless USB adapter than replace internal as it gets rather complicated as per these guidelines: Click here (Under External component identification > Page. 2 - 9)

Although, in my personal opinion, you'd be better off getting a new PC rather than upgrading this, as the parts could be hard to find and the device is way past being obsolete and that could create complications during repair service, etc...that's something you could think about.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48 hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Can anyone please tell me where the wifi adaptor is on this model. I followed instructions for a dv6 and is was under one of the first rear covers I removed, this one seems to be hiding and wounder how hard it's going to be to get to it...

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Estam

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. 

It'll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to identify your concern and/or address your query 😉 

I must inform you that the Windows XP isn't supported by HP or Microsoft anymore as the operating system is obsolete and you may want to consider upgrading it to Windows 10, that said, Click here to access your service & maintenance guide on page. 4-15 onward - "Removal & replacement procedures".

That said, It would be a better option to go for an external wireless USB adapter than replace internal as it gets rather complicated as per these guidelines: Click here (Under External component identification > Page. 2 - 9)

Although, in my personal opinion, you'd be better off getting a new PC rather than upgrading this, as the parts could be hard to find and the device is way past being obsolete and that could create complications during repair service, etc...that's something you could think about.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48 hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.