8 5 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

wifi network not showing

HP Recommended
HP 15s-FQ1055TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new I7 HP 15s-FQ1055TU. A teacher bought this to me and no matter what I did, the Government wifi network does not appear in the list of networks available. This network is enterprise. Not hidden. We have 300 HP laptops that connect to it. I tried uninstalling MacAfee; turning off the firewalls; restarted several times; tried adding the SSID manually. It just does not show up. Bit of a problem for HP in Australia because this popular laptop is selling well and teachers need access to the DET wifi. I have never seen this and I've worked on thousands of laptops. Customer called HP and the blamed the network. So there is no way around this? Could it possible be hidden by remnants of the MacAfee? Really stumped here. Any ideas please post. Also how to do a full system restore thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,809 92,687 12,001 25,584
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Pkstudio 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06588019

It only has  802.11b/g/n (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo which supports 2.4GHz networks only. Please ask your teacher does Government wifi network have 2.4GHz networks ?

(a) If yes, what is it ? You can connect to 2.4GHz network

(b) If No, please ask him/her can you swap to a different machine which supports 5.0GHz network

or ask him/her to change wifi card for you using  Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac 1 × 1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2 part L17365-005 which available for the series of your machine.

Otherwise you have to buy new card and replace yourself

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,809 92,687 12,001 25,584
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Pkstudio 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06588019

It only has  802.11b/g/n (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo which supports 2.4GHz networks only. Please ask your teacher does Government wifi network have 2.4GHz networks ?

(a) If yes, what is it ? You can connect to 2.4GHz network

(b) If No, please ask him/her can you swap to a different machine which supports 5.0GHz network

or ask him/her to change wifi card for you using  Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac 1 × 1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2 part L17365-005 which available for the series of your machine.

Otherwise you have to buy new card and replace yourself

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

Pkstudio
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help Banhien. I am so glad you answered because I honestly would never have thought a new $1000 laptop would not have 5ghz. There is no 2.4 network available. I don't have the machine here. Is swapping out the wifi card easy and would it void the warranty? I did already advise the user to try a USB wifi adapter. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation