Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp notebook 2000
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

After hard reset my laptop my device cannot connect to the wireless networks. I tried by

• .Installing wireless driver(But i had trouble in finding the best driver. I used hp support assistance to find drivers. but it gives only driver for wirelan network.)Device manager- available network driverDevice manager- available network driver
  • Tried by troubleshooting network

And also the wireless button F12 keeps red and it does not show white color but the computer screen(windows) shows airplane mode is OFF and also it not show the available network

Not showing available wireless network.  Flight mode off but f12 shows redNot showing available wireless network. Flight mode off but f12 shows red

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Looking at your screenshot, the wifi adapter is not present.

It could be one of two things...

The electrical contacts between the wifi card and the slot it is plugged into have become oxidized, breaking the electrical connection,

The fix for that would be to remove and firmly reseat the wifi card.

The other possibility would be the wifi card has completely died on you and would need to be replaced.

Consult the service manual for your specific model PC for the wifi adapter removal and replacement procedure.

If you reseat the card, try and leave the antenna cables connected to facilitate a faster and easier reinstallation.

If you have to replace the card, you will need to get one with the same HP part number on it, or it will not work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Looking at your screenshot, the wifi adapter is not present.

It could be one of two things...

The electrical contacts between the wifi card and the slot it is plugged into have become oxidized, breaking the electrical connection,

The fix for that would be to remove and firmly reseat the wifi card.

The other possibility would be the wifi card has completely died on you and would need to be replaced.

Consult the service manual for your specific model PC for the wifi adapter removal and replacement procedure.

If you reseat the card, try and leave the antenna cables connected to facilitate a faster and easier reinstallation.

If you have to replace the card, you will need to get one with the same HP part number on it, or it will not work.

HP Recommended

I tried by removing the wireless card and fixing it after clean. Then I installed the drivers which matched for the model of the wifi card

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.