Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
compaq presario cq56
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Salve a tutti. Ho un problema con il mio compaq presario cq56. Ho necessità di sostituire la scheda di rete wireless in quanto, quella di fabbrica, non funziona più. Nel momento in cui vado a mettere le nuova scheda e avvio il pc, mi esce subito un messaggio d errore!!! ovvero: WIRELESS NOT SUPPORTED SYSTEM HALT ERROR 702. Ho provato con diverse schede di rete che riporto di seguito:

- atheros ar5b93

- broadcom wll6230b-d99

-atheros ar5b195

con tutte quante mi da lo stesso problema. ovviamente se lo lascio senza scheda di rete il computer funziona a meraviglia, ma lo devo connettere mediante cavo oppure scheda di rete usb....

Spero di essermi spiegato bene aspetto i vostri suggerimenti! grazie in anticipo!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Nello specifico questa è la schermata che mi appare:

WIRELESS MODULE NOT SUPPORTED

The system has detected a Wireless module installed in the system is not

supported. System Halted. Please remove device and restart.

WLAN Module ID (702)

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

HP Recommended

Hey Maxacre😁

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community.This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Or, if you prefer, you can visit the HP Support website (https://support.hp.com/us-en?openCLC=true), to find the support channel for your region.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Hello everyone. I have a problem with my compaq presario cq56. I need to replace the wireless network card as the factory one no longer works. When I go to put the new card and start the pc, I immediately get an error message !!! that is: WIRELESS NOT SUPPORTED SYSTEM HALT ERROR 702. I have tried with different network cards that I report below:
HP Recommended
Hello everyone. I have a problem with my compaq presario cq56. I need to replace the wireless network card 
as the factory one no longer works.
When I go to put the new card and start the pc, I immediately get an error message !!!
that is:
WIRELESS NOT SUPPORTED SYSTEM HALT ERROR 702. I have tried with different network cards that I report below: - atheros ar5b93 - broadcom wll6230b-d99 -atheros ar5b195 with all of them it gives me the same problem. obviously if I leave it without a network card the computer
works wonders, but I have to connect it with a cable or a usb network card .... I hope I have explained myself well I await your suggestions! Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has a BIOS whitelist which prevents the installation of any different model wifi adapter other than the one that originally came with your notebook.

Not only does it have to be the same model wifi adapter, but it must also have the same HP part number as the one you removed or it won't work either.

The best thing to do would be to go on eBay, do a search by the HP part number of the original wifi card you removed, and see if you can find one where it shows a picture of the actual wifi card for sale with the HP part number showing on the 'Replace with HP Spare' label.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.