Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6-3152SL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear friend,

I've got a notebook Pavilion DV6-3152SL with hardware AMD Phenom(tm) II N620 Dual-Core 64 bit, bios F29, product number XD575EA#ABZ.

After upgrading from Windows 7 HP to Windows 10, I've got a big problem with the AMD graphic drivers, which are both now version 15.200.1062.1004. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series seems to work fine, while AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series stopped working of an error code 43 and I'm unable to fix it. I've already tried these chances, but no one of them has succeded to solve the problem of my AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series:

- Updating the driver from the AMD website both installing it manually and utilizing AMD Catalyst Istall Manager;

- Withdrawing the HD 5000 to let Windows Update installing a new one;

- Updating through the software HP Support Assistant.

... But I can't fix it: driver update for AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series is impossible. And, in any case the configuration goes lost at reboot and my notebook goes on saying "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate".

How can I fix this? Please, I need your help also because this problem hardly overheats my notebook.

Thank in advance for your advices.

Chiara

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Italian_Chiara,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a  fantastic  place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that after upgrading to Windows 10  you do not have both graphic drivers. 

HP has not tested Windows 10 on your notebook and therefore there are no updated drivers listed.  I have noted you have already done all your Windows updates and ran the HP Support Assistant.  You have also tried the driver listed on the AMD website but none seem to work.

I suggest you try installing the Windows 7 driver listed on the HP website in compatability mode.   Here is a link to Compatibility Mode from the Windows10forum to assist you.

Pavilion dv6-3152sl Software and Drivers

Please let me know the outcome.

To say thanks for responding  please click the thumbs up icon below.

If this allowed you to overcome this issue please choose solution provided to help others.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.