Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-08-2017 01:27 AM
03-08-2017 01:38 AM
As we have properly understood your issue you are facing issue in adminstrator log in issue .
We will provide you some steps please follow these steps:
- Free download and install Windows Password Recovery tool on a workable computer.
- Insert a CD/DVD disk or USB flash to the workable computer.
- Take out the password reset disk and insert it into your locked computer.
- After that, the program will appear on your screen.
- Click "Reboot" to remove the Windows 8.1 password.
03-08-2017 02:15 AM
In the forum, the policy that HP and the majority of us follow is that we do not assist with any Windows password issues.
That is because of ethical or moral reasons. We do not know you nor how you came to be in possession of a PC that you do not have the password for.
If it is your PC, then I suggest that you take it to a PC shop or contact HP for assistance. The PC shop should be able to help you. It will not be free nor will utilizing an HP Service Center be without cost.
If you did create the USB recovery software as you were supposed to, then you can use it to recover your notebook to its original state. It is a destructive process in that all of the data on the hard disk will be deleted. To avoid that you can use one of the first two methods that I suggested.
Now you know why it is a good idea to write down the administrator password and put it in a safe locked place for "emergencies" like this one you find yourself in.
I am not an HP Employee.
03-08-2017 02:48 AM