Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-08-2017 01:15 PM
So just bought the laptop and I find this just wondering what I I should do I get this code after three failed attempts to log in 23768B12
02-08-2017 01:37 PM
OK, try this one: 23580290
From another Expert:
Steps to be followed:
- Use the unlock code posted above to enter the BIOS
- Disable all passwords that are enabled
- If asked for current password - type the unlock code
- For new password, just press ENTER key
- Repeat the same for verify password column.
- Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
02-08-2017 02:01 PM
Sorry but we do not have a pass code generator for HEX codes yet.
You will need to contact HP and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.
When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.