cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
VickiN72
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Apparently I have "no active partition"

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p210na

Working on laptop and I get initially "your pc ran into a problem.  We're just checking some error info and then we'll restart for you.  Except it didnt restart.  It gave me its favourite dark screen and "no active partition".  I then did the turn off and on again and hit F11...and now I have "your pc needs to be repaired . a required device isnt connected or cant be accessed.  Error code: 0xc0000185.  You'll need to use recovery tools on your installaiton media"

sooo any tips on how to do recovery when you cant get past this screen.?  I defo made a recovery disc.  This is the second time in two years this laptop has done this.  F8irst time I had to send it away.  grrrrrr

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
visruth
Level 15
13,019 12,958 1,699 3,964
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,

What you meant by: "I defo made a recovery disc."?

Please tap away F2 key as you power on laptop, perform extensive hard drive and memory tests.

Regards

Visruth
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation