Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

One thing has always eluded me - auto fill. While not overly smart when it comes to computers, I've never been able to locate the area of a computer where the "auto fill" information is. Somehow, with my new computer, it stored my old e-mail address and everytime I use it I have to manually change the e-mail address part. How can I access auto fill so I can change  the info that is maintained therein.

boong
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

how do i get auto fill on this hp computer

HP Recommended

You can use AutoComplete to store passwords and other information that you type into web form fields.

When you turn on AutoComplete, Internet Explorer will automatically fill in the fields you frequently type into web forms, such as your name and address.

When Internet Explorer starts, AutoComplete is turned off. Follow these steps to turn it on or off:

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
  2. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
  3. Click the Content tab.
  4. Under AutoComplete, and then click Settings.
  5. Select or clear the Address bar, Forms, User names and passwords on forms, and Ask me before saving passwords check boxes.
  6. Click OK , and then click OK again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.