Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 250 g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've discovered a laptop at work which has a BIOS password. I've tried to reset it via taking out the CMOS battery but no luck.

I've also looked up a reset code for i 87202434 but unfortunately this does not work either.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@twistedjames

Sorry my bad.

Reboot and enter   10893871

REO

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@twistedjames

Reboot and enter   10893870

REO

HP Recommended

@REO51ST wrote:

@twistedjames

Reboot and enter   10893870

REO

Doesn't work sorry 

HP Recommended

@twistedjames

Sorry my bad.

REO

HP Recommended

@REO51ST wrote:

@twistedjames

Sorry my bad.

REO

Thank you mate, lifesaver!

HP Recommended

Your very welcome @twistedjames

REO

HP Recommended

ya youcan return back to the main bios settngs...... first u will need a working pc and an empty flash drive(Pendrive).....

then go to hp support for downloading the BIOS driver for the particular laptop, then after downloading the setup file of the bios,  insert the empty flash drive and click on the setup, continue by clicking the next button after that make sure that flash drive is selected....... u can watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3S3KgcT-Ao

after that remove the flash drive and put it to the laptop which has the bios which is corrupted now follow this video for further instructions 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjAZ0DTX3aI

now after this the bios will start and ur HP logo will appear

This video shows how to create a BIOS recovery flash drive. If you experience a hard drive failure on your notebook PC or no longer have the HP_Tools volume or partition, follow the steps in this video to create a BIOS recovery flash drive. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Insert USB drive 00:26
In this video, we will learn how to restore the BIOS on HP Notebooks using a recovery flash drive. Follow the steps in this video to create a recovery flash drive and then restore BIOS using this drive. For other helpful videos go to https://youtube.com/hpsupport. More support options for your HP
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @JayanthDalmeida 

Yes it works great until it asks for the BIOS password.

If you do not know the password it will not flash the BIOS.

ONLY works on a BIOS with no password.

REO

HP Recommended

@JayanthDalmeida 

THEY ALREADY HAVE THEIR PASSWORDS CLEARED.

Thank you for trying to help on this post but it is not needed!!!!!!!

REO

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.