Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION DV6 3060EV
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hello guys i am writting this thread because i have a special problem ever seen in my life hahahah in laptop i am new here sorry for my bad english.All started when my brother bring me this new laptop and said me that is for rubbish and he will kick it out i told him i will try to fix it so here are the results.First of all if you start the laptop with the plug : i push start and my laptop start working i can hear the fan working in high caps lock is lighting also wifi and one more button are orange and nothing can show me that we are in good mood. i try hours to do everything i got out the battery and the pluh i push the power for 1 minute  but nothing again the same things black screen after too days dissapointment i found something very special for me that give me chances to move i open the laptop without the plug and poofff the laptop its starts normally i can easyle go everywhere saw videos listen to music everything interet . the first thing i realize when i got into windows was that windows are empty like somebody already try to fix it with format or sometthing cause my brother couldnt have an empty laptop so i try again everything i connect the plug but again it does the same thing.first i try from the menu batterys life to make it i get low the brightness for the plug i change everything that has to go with the plug . i get in the menu for batterys life brightness i get into options for plug usee brightness but nothing. second step was to go i read in some topics to change the frame changing from 60hz to 40hz i also see this from a topic but in the AMD menu it has only  60hz for every resolution finally i get very dissapointing that can explain what a problem is my laptop charges starts normally with battery but when i put the plug is black screen .the final think and clue i can give you to help me in some actions doing all these chaning all these one day when the laptop was at windows and internet normally i try to put plug and one message apperead in my language it was saying that the proccecor cpu of graphics will change close the programs to continue and was to option ok and cancel i cancel it and i was charging and my laptop was good but when i closed it all these options i saved have lost + that i cant have a laptop that every time i start it i must go to options and do this .. so is there any suggestions for solutions? is there any option to cut off the change frame . it seems to me that when i put the plug my laptop changing and go to work at full????? maybe and this is what it gets black screen   sorry for all these and thank you i didnt know where to put this thread if someone response can get this thread anywhere else thank you guys hope we can fix it

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@oxias

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

First off, it's really hard to wade through one GIANT block of text.  In your reponses, please break the text into sentences so we can read them easier.

Second, this is most certainly NOT a new PC.  This model was already on sale in January oif 2014 -- over three years ago!  This is important because HP doesn't stock Recovery Media for older PCs like this, and you would have to check with these other sites to see if they still carry it:   http://www.computersurgeons.com/ and http://www.restoredisks.com/

Third, from your description, it sounds like the AC adapter you are using is not the correct one for this laptop or it is faulty -- such that connecting the laptop to it introduces some king of power fault in the laptop.

Fourth, whatever source told you to change your refresh rate from 60Hz to 40Hz is a source you should avoid.

There are links for checking adapters, but you would have to be able to see the screen to use them, so there is no point in providing those links.

My suggestion is that you use this thread to obtain the part number for the AC adapter for your laptop and see if that matches the one you are using:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6c00-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5191856/mo...

If it does, then it's possible that either your adapter is bad, or something in the laptop motherboard got shorted out -- neither of which we can diagnose or repair from here.

You would need to take your laptop to a PC repair facility and see if they have an AC adapter that will work with it.  If they do, then we can discuss alternatives about doing a clean-install from scratch to get it working again.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

first of all sorry for these thread and i dont know about these i thaugt that its for every laptop of hp my mistake . finally i just realise right now that the caps lock is two times lighting and stops so it means that its problem with bios thank you for another time 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.