Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HI AD1000:

I regret that the previous link did not resolve your issue.  I will be pleased to try and help!

I understand that you are having an issue with the battery.  I am sending you some documentation on Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 7)  click here and the Battery Health Center click here. Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I just wanted to add to this mess. Clearly there is an issue with this model. It appears to be firmware related. At this point, we need an HP engineer to debug the problem. I have a customer who just unboxed 15+ laptops. Brand new 6470B's. ALL of them are having this issue. Half of them are running the OS that came with the laptop. The other half are running thier custom windows 7 image. All of them say plugged in, not charging. As thier ASP, I have replaced batteries on 3 of them as a test. These 3 laptops are now charging. I reinstalled the original batteries and they are charging again. Tried disabling "Power Monitor Circuit" and "Deep Sleep". The issue is NOT the battery or the AC adapter. I have ruled this out. Personaly, I think it is bad programming. Something is stopping the battery monitor circuit from accepting a charge. Like it shut off prematurely thinking the battery is at 100... OR the SPI signal received from the AC adapter is not recognized therefore the laptop will not charge due to thinking an off brand AC Adapter is plugged in, Not sure. We have official adapters with the correct wattage. Only debugging will tell.

The worst part is that the issue appears at random. We can't figure out what triggers the no charge symptom. Will keep experimenting with sleep/hibernate, with and without lid closure...etc...

HP Recommended

Hello, I have a 15 month old HP SpectreXT bought off Amazon. Over the past few months I have noted a dramatic decline in length of use on a full charge and have run battery test through the HP support assistant as well as through the start-up "esc" button method and both say the battery is fine...then the laptop shuts off at 50% charge. When charged 12 hours, it only gets to 74%-79% charge.  I left the thing charging for 3 days and it only got up to 84% and then it says "plugged in not charging" when I mouse over the battery. Given that I can only get less than 2 hours use on a "full (3 day) charge" it seems the battery is obviously NOT "ok"...but I can't figure out what to do next to get my laptop to last a functional amount of time...3-4 hours with 50% screen and WIFI was probably the best i ever got, but 1-2 hours just doesnt cut it, when I charge it only 1 day, I might get 45 minutes...Very aggravating. Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello rleestewart. I understand you are experiencing battery issues with this computer. To assist you, I do require the following information:

1. The computer model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

2. Your operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

3. Have you installed any new hardware on this computer, before the issue appeared?

4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer, before the issue appeared?

Please respond as soon as possible. I look forward to your response.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you Sparkles1 for the instructions, but doing all the tests i think the laptop has more issues than the battery which it is beyond my knowledge so i think i might have to get it looked at in the new year. I think there is a hard drive error..

Regards

HP Recommended

HI AD1000:

Thank you for your reply.   

Here is a link to "Testing a Hard Disk from the BIOS"  click here. This will allow you to determine if it is the hard drive.  You can also run the HP Support Assistant to look for any other issues.  click here.  If you would like any further assistance , do not hesitate to post back.

Happy Holidays!!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have the following
HP Split 13t-m000 x2 PC
Product number: E1N75AV

OS Windows 8.1

No hardware has been installed or changed since I purchased the Split in October

And I have had the "plugged in not charging" issue a number of times, and I am currently experiencing it again. Is there a permanent fix for this issue?

thanks,

I have run a "System Extensive Test" and the Primary and Secondary batteries both received OK(0) 

EDIT: Also ran Battery test from Diagnostics page again no errors but problem still ocurring

EDIT: Ran HP Battery Check from HP Support assistant both batteries get Failure ID: OK, however Current State shows as Unknown.

To fix the problem prior I had to patch the BIOS on the machine, I do not like that I have keep patching the BIOS every month to fix this issue.  If the issue has been fixed why does it keep happening?

HP Recommended
I have same problem. Pl inform whether you got solution? If yes kindly advise
HP Recommended

I newly baught the laptop, but when I connect it to the charger it doesn't charge. its still 0% charged and shows the messege "0% available (plugged in not charging)". 

HP Recommended

i have a new power supply, and now a new battery, and it is not charging. what  do i need to do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.