Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Chomebook

I bought my HP Chromebook around 2015.  During the past month I have noticed that my battery won't hold a charge like it used to. On occasion it will just shut off.  The charger will fully charge  but it runs down quickly.  What can I do to rectify this?  Do I need to get a new battery if that is possible?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Kaneki

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand there's a battery problem on Chromebook,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824  (It all depends on which model you have, so please mention the same).
Which OS are you using with the Chromebook, is it the Chrome OS or did you make any changes to it?

Does it turn off while it's connected to the wall outlet? or only when disconnected?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you should know:

Please run a battery test on your HP Chromebook: Click here for details.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Kaneki

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

the only reason I'm on this forum is to ensure you don't have to worry,

Just tell me if you've done the steps I've suggested so far and if yes, what exactly have you done and what were the results?

Also reply back on your public post (Click here to access it) with the answers to the questions I asked earlier.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.