Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au003tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I forget my BIOS password of my HP laptop. I visited service center and they remove CMOS battery but also password was not break then they told me to replace motherboard for resetting BIOS password for which i have to pay money. But main fact is that my laptop is in warranty period but also they demand money for motherboard. Their senior executive told me that HP Limited Warranty does not apply and does not extend to any HP Hardware Product that has been damaged or rendered defective as a result of accident, misuse, liquid spills, abuse, contamination, improper or inadequate maintenance or calibration, or other external causes. As my laptop is in working condition.

So in my opinion for software related issues company want to change my hardware that must not be chargeable. So anyone have idea to break my bios password if yes then please reply. Please share your experience that changing motherboard be chargeable under warranty conditions????
My Hp S/N No - [edited]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DhirajDSR

Reboot and enter  64202038

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@DhirajDSR

At the password screen, hit enter 3 times and you should receive a 'halt code' - post back with this code.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

code is dipslay as [i 59493697]

HP Recommended

@DhirajDSR

Reboot and enter  64202038

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
@DavidPK
Dear sir,
I am very much thankful to you. If you don't mind can you tell me how did you got this secret code. After putting this code my bios password was cracked. Once again I am very very much thankful to you. Have a good day Sir.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome - it's just an interest of mine coupled with having too much time on my hands :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hope you can help me too with this problem. If so my code is 84082688

Thank you in advance

HP Recommended

I dont know if anyone can help me, Ive called HP 5 or 6 times and get excuse but bios system disabled cant be unlocked, Ive removed CMOS battery 100 times followed guides as per HP. I have a  model HP 15-ax210nr Laptop,  System Disabled code [i 58746528] I"d be grateful if I could unlock.

HP Recommended
Please can you help me unlock this system disabled code [i 55355040]. I have tried but it still does work
HP Recommended
Sorry It doesn't work
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.