Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi so this is my problem

suddenly my screen went black and then each time I reboot it, it goes to black but works fine on safe mode

I searched here and I tried a good device:

I actually did the first method and deactivated the graphic display driver through safe mode

and the normal mode worked again...but of course, the resolution is not good

I tried to update the driver on the internet but windows search for updates didn't find any and said that this version is the last version

so what do you suggest?

let me add that when the problem started it gave me a blue screen "with writing in it explaining the problem and I seem to remember that it said that I should unplug any new devices recently added and of course I had no new devices" at first few times before it proceeds to the black screen

also, let me add that my hp g62 is very old like 6 years old and it always overheats

thanks 

HP Recommended
Can anyone of you tell me which solution worked ?? I have Windows 10 by the way. In the normal mode my screen loads up after 10 mins of being black with cursor, but everything is slow.if I click on something everything becomes stuck and I have to restart again. My laptop works completely fine in safe mode. I can't uninstall anything in safe mode because it says windows installer service is not working
HP Recommended

Hello @Kevzpeter,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I would be happy to help with your PC issue.

I understand that your win 10 PC is working slow and takes 10 min to boot up however it works fine in safe mode and you but you are not able to uninstall anything in safe mode.

Click on this link to further troubleshoot a slow performance issue with your PC.

Let me know how it goes.

Have a great day! 🙂

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

This worked for me too. Many thanks

HP Recommended
I am having the same problem but I can seem to get the hard ware diagnostic screen to come up
HP Recommended

Hi

I reset my resolution to try to use a new portable screen i purcahsed for my laptop. It didnt work and couldnt get the second screen to work. Now my HP Elitebook isnt showing anything on its own screen. when starting in safe mode it works but when i go to resolution settings it only has the option of own screen, I apply. No go. WHen i restart - blank screen with cursor eventually shows up.

HELP!

I have tried setting up with another working secondary monitor that i have on my PC. Just shows a blank screen with cursor on the laptop, blank screen on the secondary display.

Thanks for any advice.

I have tried resetting (15 second hold on the start button)

I have tried running the SFC/Scannow and it didnt find any integrity violations

How do i restore without losing all my files?

Thanks,

G

HP Recommended

Have you rebooted to safe mode then rolled back your video drivers?

This is what worked for me.

HP Recommended
Follow my instructions in page 3 , turn on safe mode delete VGA drivers turn back to normal mode , find your model number and search google for your model drivers
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.