Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 4510s
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I have ProBook 4510s with Win10 32 bit. Recently I downloaded and installed drivers where one of them was for 90%  Software Support for HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology for Microsoft Windows 7 (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3934830&swItemId=ob_76382_2&swEnvOid=4051...)

Unfortunatelly after reboot system won't start. Even safe mode is not an option.

I tried restore points but none of them want to finalize. Disk has no errors.

After checking logs from diagnosis I am 100% sure it is because of the bad driver becuase ther eis a message: "A RECENT DRIVER INSTALLATION OR UPGRADE MAY BE PREVENTING SYSTEM FROM STARTING". I tried even to unistall this driver from command prompt (using installation usb) but don't know exactly how.

I would rather avoid clean install becuase I will loose all configuration. Can somebody please help me?

PS. I dont have rescue disk so reset is also not an option.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @wiewioor

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome!

I am sorry to inform you that if "System Restore" does not work and if you cannot start the PC in Safe Mode with the Advanced startup options, there is not much that can be done other than Resetting the PC to default settings.

Consider creating system images the next time so that these are stored on external devices and could be used to recover in case of issues.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.