Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hello

I wondered if anyone can help I am unable to start my computer as I keep getting the blue error screen.

The computer did an update Friday.

I have tried many fixes as googled including using restore points tried all restore points still won't load

Tried to load in safe mode and without drivers still won't work

Tried windows allowing it to fix itself and tried rebooting

Ran the hp diagnostic run test first two components passed third component failed

Any advice anyone
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
Hi,

What is the failed component name?

You have to replace it with a new one.

Are you within warranty?

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended
Hello no warranty it's an old laptop. The blue stop screen error code was Oxoooo21a. I didn't take a note of the failure code on the diagnostic test I'll have to run it again

My data isn't backed up will I lose everything
HP Recommended

You can use LiveCD and copy all your data to external drive.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

Run extensive system testing and report back with component failed.

HP Recommended
Thanks for help

I have run the start up test again and the it passed the memory and smart test but failed the short dst
HP Recommended

That is hard drive and you need to replace it with a new one of similar form factor as current one had failed.

2.5 inch SATA HDD/SSD.

Use HP Recovery USB to factory reset after replacement of HDD.

You can also alternatively clean install Windows 10 in this laptop if you've already successfully upgraded and activated to Windows 10 previously or if this laptop came with Windows 10.

HP Recommended
I only upgraded to windows 10 through the net I don't have any disks would this require disks?

If I replace the disk drive will I still be able to recover the data?
HP Recommended

Data is in your failed hard drive. You can try salvaging it by using the method I posted before through Live CD.

You can clean install Windows 10 using this tutorial by creating installation USB via Windows media creation tool: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

HP Recommended
Thanks for your help
HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.