Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (172,127 Views)
Accepted Solution

Boot device not found. Hard disk (3F0)

Hi, 

I have a HP Pavilion 15 n203ed laptop running windows 8 64bit and have updated my bios.

About a month ago i bought a SSD and upgraded my HDD, it worked fine till yesterday, i started getting the error message "Boot device not found. Hard disk (3F0)" . i keep getting this error each time i restart the laptop, but when i load the bios, change nothing and then press save and exit it suddenly restarts again the error is gone and everything goes back to normal. Till it happens again in a few hours. i have had it 4 times now.

My question: Is this a hardware or software problem, should i return the SSD? or could it be something else?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Re: Boot device not found. Hard disk (3F0)

Provost
Message 2 of 3 (172,106 Views)

[ Edited ]

Danny709 wrote:

Hi, 

I have a HP Pavilion 15 n203ed laptop running windows 8 64bit and have updated my bios.

About a month ago i bought a SSD and upgraded my HDD, it worked fine till yesterday, i started getting the error message "Boot device not found. Hard disk (3F0)" . i keep getting this error each time i restart the laptop, but when i load the bios, change nothing and then press save and exit it suddenly restarts again the error is gone and everything goes back to normal. Till it happens again in a few hours. i have had it 4 times now.

My question: Is this a hardware or software problem, should i return the SSD? or could it be something else?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Danny709

I have a HP Pavilion 15 n series & is planning for SSD upgrade as you did,

Sad that you got an error

Try going through this document & promptly follow them,

If that doesn't resolve you may to contact HP in your region to help you out, Did they upgrade it for you?

Thanks,

** I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for HP **

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say "Thank you" and the "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find this fix/answer easily
Intern
Message 3 of 3 (172,093 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation