cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rdwild
Level 1
10 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Boot to floppy

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G3
FreeDOS

How can I get this machine to legacy boot to a USB connected floppy or USB drive?  I'm trying to run the SNZERO boot floppy, it works on an older elitebook, but I cannot get this 840 G3 to boot to this disk.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You'd need to check in the BIOS to see if the unit is in a Legacy mode that will allow Floopy booting.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
rdwild
Author
Level 1
10 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It has a legacy mode option in the BIOS, but it does not seem to function.  I still cannot boot to a floppy or an older DVD, like Windows 2000.  I downgraded the BIOS to an older version and tried it as well, to no avail.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation