Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Both of my shift keys have stopped working and i cant use upper and lower case with shift or use special characters with shift.  Have read other suggestions by checking on active sticky keys, which are off. Need help and instruction on how to fix problem or any other suggestion.

Please and thank you, Edgar.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @EdgarMadrigal21,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have an issue with shift keys on your laptop.

Please try few steps recommended below.

Click Start → Control Panel → Ease of Access Center.
Click “Make the keyboard easier to use”.
Un-check the box labeled “Turn on FilterKeys”.
Click “Set up FilterKeys”.
Un-check the box labeled “Turn on FilterKeys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds”.
Click the OK button twice.
Go to device manager select keyboards. Right click on keyboard and click uninstall. Restart your laptop and check if this works. 
If not then Connect an external keyboard and check if shift keys are working.
If it working try removing the keyboard and clean the dust and put the keyboard back.
If you still have issues it could be a hardware issue, please contact HP for service options.
Please find the link to contact HP: http://hp.care/2bkTGBQ

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.