Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello Bruce,

I am not sure what you mean by "  I unplugged the batteries back up to the BIOS with the power off".   Will you please clarify?  I hope all is still working well for you.  It will be fantastic to fix this problem. 

Kind regards,

Barbara

HP Recommended

Under the cover on the bottom of my HP dv7 is a small round battery that plugs into the mother board. With the power unpluged from the laptop  I unpluged the battery from the mother board.  I am assuming that that is backup power to the BIOS because the next morning when I had to reset time and date. I may be wrong it may just be a date time back up of some sort. What ever it is by doing that I  fixed the problem.

The laptop has  been working great now,  it  was almost usless going back to the home page/opening new widows all the time.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response.

HP Recommended

Sad to say.  This did not work for me.  Thank you for the post---hopefully it will work for someone else. 

HP Recommended

Hi Batron,

Since you have followed all the previous steps, and have not been able to resolve Internet Explore from opening multiple times. I have included a link to a thread here http://bit.ly/1jCcj1T. Please go through the conversation, and pay attention to the posts from 'To Insanity and Beyond'.

After going through all the steps, and if you are still unable to resolve the issue, you should consider doing a complete factory reset. I have included the document 'Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎'. Please select the option for Factory Reset.

Regards.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

It's been awhile and I wonder if anyone has found a soution to this problem? I have the hpdv7 6c 43cl  and developed this problem about two months ago, after about three years of use. I have done all the steps suggested by responders to this thread, but to no avail. The web page (home page) keeps re-opening every few seconds. I read all the prior posts and all the issues discussed before apply to me so I won't repeat them all. Same with all the steps tried, including a factory re-set. (WIN 7 home premium) Is there an angel out there who could shed more light on this? Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, did anyone solve this issue?

I'm going to throw notebook in the trash

I tried all solutions I read in the forum.

Format, bios update, bios reset

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi guys.

This problem was solved...

Long story short it is the www key malfunctioning and continually launching browser windows.

You have to disable that key, with a simple software hack. Here is the original thread, weird how I looked in here on a whim.

Cheers, hope this helps

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/Browser-keeps-on-Opening-New-Windows-again-...

HP Recommended

I read this threat.  I couldn't have articulated my problem any better.  I read the "www button" fix.   However, I have a dv6 and there is no "www button" on my keyboard.   Are you referring to a physical button on is this a software thing?

HP Recommended

Sadly i have the same probleme as the persone above me.
my 'www'-key isn't on my keyboard.

How do i solve this??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.