Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY SLEEKBOOK 6 1006-ea
Windows 8

I recently sent my laptop to HP after they accepted liability for a repair under warranty for a seized hinge - for a second time. The first time it happened i contacted HP via this forum - had a bit of a rant, was contacted by "Jeff" - then told to expect a collection.  The unit was out of warranty by about 2 months.  HP fixed this issue with the hinges, and also replaced the screen/case/hard drive, etc. as it was all damaged by the hinges seizing.  Now, 8 months after this initial repair, the hinge has seized again.  

I contacted HP via chat.  I also contacted "Jeff" - after an online chat, the operator gained all they needed to decide they would repair the unit once more.  It was collected by the courier, but this time, despite the exact same defect, they have decided this is customer induced damage and have returned the unit?

Could I get an explanation?  Has this happened to anyone else?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've been using not one, not two but at least two dozens of laptops from HP, Dell, Toshiba and Lenovo. Few are still around, up and running around me right now. I have not had any problem with them. If you wish to abuse a laptop, please buy military graded laptop, not a normal laptop.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

How rude for a so-called expert.  You're not exactly an expert in customer relations are you?

I haven't damaged anything personally, as I stated, the HP hinge issue, if you search it in this forum alone, you get 700 results for HP and Hinge, and 400 results for Envy and Hinge issues.  It might be a joke to you, and spouting off about how you are surrounded by other brands will not help anyone.

Assuming i'm an inexperienced user who likes to abuse laptops is about as much an explanation as anyone needs to see how bad your attitude is.  I have been working with, maintaining and repairing pcs and laptops for as long as i care to.  I have an Acer laptop purchased over 7 years ago, still working in fantastic condition.  The Toshiba i am typing on is on its second hard drive in 6 years.  The Sony Vaio i have is as perfect as the day i got it, as a recon 2 years ago.  I have another Acer that's new - but has a pixel defect.  The world of electronics isn't perfect, but this hinge issue could have been avoided by a recall and a damned good rethink.  Now it would seem the same batch of Envy laptops has a power cord defect, which is subject to recall because that's cheap to repair.  But military grade?  I don't think so.  Only IBM did that, and we're talking 20 years ago when even their indestructable keyboards started getting "faffy".

Didn't your mother teach you - "if you don't have something nice to say keep your mouth shut"?

HP Recommended

Hi @JAYNE-THE-WEED 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.