Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
r-269TU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

In my laptop Camera app displays "To get started connect to a camera" and in device manager Imaging device is also present. Kindly help me

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bala23591

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the Camera app is displaying "To get started connect with a camera" but it doesn't work,

Please reply to the questions below to help us understand the problem specific to your machine: 

1. Is this problem restricted to Skype only? Does the webcam work fine in other applications?

2. Have you checked plugging any external camera? Does that work?

Let’s check the status of Camera drivers in device managers.

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌ (If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation).

Click on Scanning and Imaging device in Device Manager and check if there is any yellow exclamation or a red X mark under that.

If you see any yellow exclamation mark or a red X mark we need to download the driver from the HP's website and install.

If the device shows that the driver is installed properly, let’s uninstall the device driver from the device manager and check if it’s get installed automatically.

Follow the steps below to uninstall the troubling device driver from Device Manger. 

1. Click on Start.

2. Type “Device Manager” without quotes in the search bar.

3. Click on Device Manager.

4. Select the “Scanning and Imaging devices” in the Device Manager window and uninstall.

5. You can also uninstall by right clicking on the device and select Uninstall from the context menu. A dialog box will appear asking if you really wish to uninstall the driver. Click Yes, then OK in the next window.

After successfully uninstalling the driver from device manager, restart the computer and check if the device driver gets installed automatically.

If Windows fails to find the appropriate device driver or if the problem persists even after Windows installing the driver, download the best compatible Webcam driver from HP website: Click here

Keep me posted for more,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below. 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.