Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried doing a normal factory reset and have tried downloading windows 10 as an installable media from their website onto a flash drive and in both cases I kept getting an message saying an error has occured and no changes were made. My laptop has been running at 100% disk usage for the past few weeks and is extremely difficult to get much work done because it's so slow. I have trieddoing the disk scan using cmd that Ive seen on a few other forums and after it completes it says that corrupt files were found but couldnt be repaired. Even when I turn my laptop off an error also pops up and I usually have to click "ok" before it fully shuts down. I have assumed it was some sort of virus that may be causing this problem so I wanted to factory reset my laptop but every method that I've seen doesn't seem to be workng. If there is some solution I would be grateful because I've speant well over 10 hours trying to fix this problem but to no results. Thank you for reading this.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Do this, 

open the task Manager and look for the application that is using the highest disk resources.

Try to disable it

Also, open the services page

tap on the keys, Windows+R 

type services.msc

In here, look for windows update, 

open this and stop it.

set the start proceedure to Manual.

This should help in most cases.

Also, at the time of pwoer up, press ESC or F2 button on the keyboard to load the UEFI Diagnostics and perform a Hard Drive test.

If the Hard Drive is faulty, you may get slow performance as it may take a long time for the hard drive to read and write data. Resulting in 100% Disk usage.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.