Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm using an HP Pavilion dv6000 Notebook series.

I noticed that my Caps Lock LED is not working but its FUNCTION is working fine.. same goes with Scroll Lock. Here's the weird part.. when I press Num Lock ( function key + scroll lock ) the LED turns on!

I already tried a system recovery, it didn't solve the issue. Is there something wrong with my BIOS?

Any help from you guys will be highly appreciated.. thanks!

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly.  Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then try updating your BIOS.  If neither works...It's pretty much dead and not worth fixing.

To Perform A Hard Reset

• Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds)
  • Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
  • Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
  • Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
  • Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
HP Recommended

Sorry but it didn't work. I still have to guess everytime I start typing if my Caps is on or off.

HP Recommended

amazingly i am also facing the same problem, fn+scroll = led glow otherwise not and the caps lock has stoped glowing completely, and i am at a complete loss because its been only a few months  that i bought my HP dv42106tx laptop, and its already facing so many problems, please someone debug these problems HP laptops are facing.

HP Recommended

I am facing exactly the same problem. Seems to be a chronic problem. Is there anyone at HP that could gives a hint on this?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, i've encounter this after update the bios,

my notebook 

dv6735ee

HP Recommended

I am facing the same problem.

I did the hard reset too. But no use.

If any HP support can be extended to solve this issue, well & good.

HP Recommended

I am using HP Pavallion dv6000 Laptop. From two days my Caps Lock and Scroll lock LED is not working. 

Kindly give me trobleshootin reason.

HP Recommended

Exatly same problem with me!!! It`s a dv-6000 series.

I noticed that when I push caps lock on my laptop, the function works but the light does not illuminate.

And it`s incredible the number of pepople that have the same problem... and more incredible is the fact that HP never show a solution to it!!!

HP Recommended

I have complaint to HP but so far they have not send me any solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.