cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LKlatt
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Changing Windows 10 on a new computer to a Window 7 system

HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convert. 13t-4100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I change a Windows 10 program factory installed on a new computer to a Windows 7 system?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,639 44,416 7,157 12,697
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First you have to buy Windows 7. You have a 6th generation Intel Core processor so the Windows 7 has to be modified to allow installation from a thumb drive. You want to gather up drivers in advance if possible. HP does not post Windows 7 drivers so they have to be sought out 1 by 1. It can be made to work but after a fair amount of effort. Rarely can I talk somebody out of such a project but unless there is a good reason there is a lot of work for a gain I have a hard time understanding. Still willing to help. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation