Note on archived topics.
03-12-2017 05:46 PM
I have had my HP Stream for a year and 1 month. I was able to use it for 5-6 months and one day I went to charge it and it would not charge and no light came on. I have not been able to use it since. I do not have a receipt because it was a gift from my son for my birthday.
03-13-2017 09:50 AM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. :)
I understand that you have an HP Stream laptop and it does not charge anymore and no lights come on. Not to worry though, I'll do my best to help you.
A new HP product carries a one year warranty from the day of purchase.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
- Do you remember if any changes take place on the laptop before this issue started?
- Is there absolutely no power to the laptop?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Power off the laptop.
- Mostly the battery will be integrated but if it is an external battery then remove the battery out.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
- Power ON the laptop.
If the issue persists, then connect the ac adapter to a different wall outlet and check. Alos, if you have an alternate compatible ac adapter then you may check if the laptop powers on with it.
Please feel free to reply with the results. I'm always here tp assist you.