Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 2000 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When I re-charge my battery, it stops at 95% and will not go no further.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@speck33

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP 2000 Notebook. I read that the battery changes till 95% and then stops and will not charge beyond that. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • If you disconnect the charger, then does the battery empower the laptop properly with the 95% charge?
  • Did any changes or updates happen on the laptop?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the issue persists then please continue to perform the following steps:

1. Search for and open Device Manager.

2. Click next to Batteries to expand the battery options.

Figure : Device Manager

Device Manager with Batteries highlighted
  3. With the options expanded, right-click each ACPI option and in the menu, click Uninstall.

Figure : ACPI options to uninstall

Device manager with ACPI options highlighted
  4. Restart the computer.

If the battery continues to stop charging at 95% then you may calibrate the battery as described in detail from this link

NOTE: Please refer to the steps mentioned under "Manually calibrating the battery in Windows 8."

Finally, you may try updaing the BIOS for your laptop via this link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know what happens. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have done/took all the steps below to try resolving but it did not help. It caused me to have to change password etc. and if it helps any more the product no. isD1E81UA#ABA.

Thank You

HP Recommended

@speck33

You're welcome and thanks for providing the laptop information. 🙂

I recommend you to perform a BIOS update on your laptop. 

NOTE: Please have the ac adapter connected while performing the BIOS update.

Hope this does the trick. Cheers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.